Our Raw & Superfood quality standards are:
- Raw Foods must be purely plant based and never subjected to heat over 40c.
- Raw Foods have not been pasteurised, homogenized, or produced with the use of synthetic pesticides, chemical fertilizers, industrial solvents or chemical food additives. We promote the use of Fairtrade and organic ingredients as much as possible.
- Labelling- All Raw/Superfoods labelling must be clear to accurately convey ingredients and product information to the customer and must not make unsubstantial health claims.
- Environmental Impact- The manufacturing process of the product must not be harmful to human health and the environment. We promote recycled packaging and encourage minimal manufacturing processes.
- Ethical Trade- Ingredients will be sourced according to ethical trade standards outlined by the Fairtrade Foundation. We promote Fairtrade as much as possible.
- Raw/Superfoods must meet the statutory regulations relating to national, European and international legislation for foods.
- We will not accept any products containing GMO ingredients.
Ingredients will be reviewed completely to ensure they meet our quality standards, and we ask you to provide these with your application.
As we do not have a warehouse or distribution facility so our preference is for manufacturers to supply us through one of our distributors. This makes it more manageable for the stores and our accounts team.
We do expect support when listing new lines in the form of money off promotions and in-store sampling support.