This recipe from ChicP is a quick and easy lunch or snack made from scratch!
ChicP is a plant based company founded on a passionate commitment to reducing food waste, creating high quality and health food and working with British Farmers to make farming better. Their range consists of delicious hummus made from surplus vegetables which would otherwise be thrown away. You can find all of ChicPs dips in As Nature Intended stores, this includes their Beetroot and horseradish, pumpkin and chilli, Herby and velvet smooth hummus. All of which are equally scrumptious.
Learn how ChicP’s founder, Hannah McCollum blends leftover vegetables into delicious dips, with this delicious take on their Herby Hummus. Served with fragrant sweetcorn fritters, a fresh salad and roasted courgettes.
- 200g chickpeas
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
Sweetcorn and Ricotta fritters:
- 350g sweetcorn
- 150g flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red onion
- 200g ricotta
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of red thai chilli paste.
1) Blend all the humus ingredients together until you reach a nice thick consistency.
2) Wash out your blender, and blend together all the fritter ingredients.
3) Heat a pan on a medium heat, with a dash of olive oil and spoon dollops of the mix into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until nicely brown.
4) Serve with the hummus, a fresh salad, any roasted vegetables and garnishes you have in the kitchen or garden. Here, we used a homemade garlic aioli, dandelion leaves and crumbled feta. Serve alongside any of the ChicP Hummus range, to create a colourful spread.
5) The fritters and hummus can last for up to a week, and can be frozen.