Get your buckwheat flour, almond milk and Pana organic chocolate ready: Pancake Day is coming! And we’ve got the perfect recipe for you!
Did you know that traditionally, Pancake Day was the occasion to use up rich, indulgent foods like butter and milk before the fasting season of Lent began?
This recipe by Pana Chocolate contains no dairy, gluten or refined sugar, but it’s still an indulgent treat perfect for Pancake Day! Here below what you’ll need:
- 1 Cup buckwheat flour
- 3 Tb cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarb soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 flax egg (6 Tb water + 2 Tb flax meal)
- ¾ Cup almond milk
- 1 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup
- Pana Chocolate squares
- Coconut cream and seasonal berries to serve
- To make the flax egg: combine the water and the flax meal in a small bowl. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, the water will be completely absorbed by the flax and a soft gel will form. Add the almond milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, place the dry ingredients. Pour the liquid into the dry mix and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a heated frying pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream, fresh berries, extra maple syrup and Pana Chocolate squares.
Thanks to Pana Chocolate for the recipe!
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!