Everybody has got some extra overly ripe bananas at home, right? Those with black spots that everyone refuses to eat? Be smart and use them to bake some delicious moist vegan banana muffins! No eggs, no dairy, but super delicious for a healthy breakfast or snack! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6-7 muffins):
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 225g mashed ripe banana
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 350ml almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- optional: some extra banana slices for decoration
Want a protein boost?
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease 6 -7 muffin cups or line them with paper cups.
- Mix flour, brown and white sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir banana puree, coconut oil, and almond milk together in a separate bowl.
- Mix banana mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. Optional: decorate the top of muffins with banana slices.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!