What would Christmas be without cinnamon biscuits? They are crisp, delicious and so cinnamony! Today we recommend this tasty recipe – super easy to make and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Here below what you’ll need:
- 150g white flour
- 70g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g sunflower oil
- 55g brown sugar
- 25g white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground + 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1,5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cold water
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare the “flax egg” by mixing flax seeds with hot water. Set aside and stir every couple minutes to make sure that there are no clumps of flax seeds. It is ready to use in about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Then add sunflower oil and the flax mixture. Mix with your hands until reaching a crumbly texture and slowly add small amounts of cold water until it reaches the desired consistency. The dough should not crumble and not stick to your hand. Usually, it needs 3-4 tablespoons of water, but the amount may vary depending on the flour you are using.
- Divide the dough into pieces weighting approximately 40g (you can make yours bigger or smaller; just remember to adjust baking time) and roll into balls. Flatten them with your hand (about 1cm thick).
- Place the biscuits on a parchment paper and bake them for about 10-12 minutes. Allow biscuits to cool for 30 minutes before eating.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!