When it comes to Autumn, apples are definitely one of our favourite ingredients! This soft apple cake is delicious, moist and unbelievably easy! And it has some serious rustic charm too! Here below what you’ll need:
- 220g butter (room temperature)
- 170g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour/cake flour
- 30g corn flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 large organic eggs – separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g apple, peeled and cubed
- Lemon zest from 1 large organic lemon
- Heat the oven at 180C and spray Non-stick spray in a brioche mould and set aside.
- Put butter and sugar in a mixer and mix well till fluffy. Then add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add egg yolks into the mixture one at a time and mix well before adding in another. Then slowly add in egg whites and mix well.
- Sift plain flour, corn flour and baking powder together and fold into the butter mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Lastly pour in lemon zest and apple cubes, mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for 30 mins.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!