Time for a warming and creamy mushroom soup! A vegetarian dinner which is comfort food in a bowl! Follow this quick recipe and enjoy this soup on a cold winter night! You can make it extra special by topping it with delicious golden fried mushrooms! Here below what you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large pot and gently cook the leeks and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook on high for 10 minutes, until tender. Stir frequently.
- Remove a spoonful of the mushrooms and set aside as garnish.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to blitz until smooth. Alternatively, carefully pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add more stock if your soup is too thick.
- Serve in bowls garnished with the reserved mushrooms and parsley.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!