Matcha is a superpower green tea, delicious on its own and perfect as ingredient for sooo many recipes! Autumn means baking, so why not bake some special matcha blondies made with Teapigs organic matcha? Here below what you’ll need:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g white chocolate – chopped
- 250g brown sugar or muscovado sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 200g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 3 tsp teapigs organic matcha
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Line a tin – approx. 25 x 25.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook it gently for about 5 mins until it turns golden.
- Set it aside and then add half the white chocolate – stir it until smooth.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until they turn pale.
- Add the flour, matcha powder, salt, vanilla and the cooled chocolate butter and fold it all in until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture in to the tin then scatter the rest of the chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until risen all over.
- Feel free to add in almonds or macadamia nuts for an extra crunch!
Thanks to Teapigs for the recipe!