Apple tart is an autumnal classic! Made with just a few simple ingredients, it always conquers everyone’s mouths! Today we recommend a gluten-free and vegan one, absolutely delicious and perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon. Here below what you’ll need:
- 150 g almond flour
- 75 g oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 50 g coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 medium organic apples
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare the crust: Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a tart pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, oat flour and salt. Then add the coconut oil and maple syrup, and stir until the mixture is moistened throughout.
- Dump the mixture onto the prepared tart pan. Press it across the base and the sides. Prick the base of the crust with a fork to prevent it from bubbling up. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until it’s lightly firm to the touch and just starting to turn golden at the edges. Then set aside.
- To prepare the filling: Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Transfer the slices to a bowl and add just 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup, the lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss until the mixture is distributed.
- Arrange the apple slices across the base however you’d like, overlapping them as much as possible (you can arrange them like a rose if you like!)
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes, then pull it out of the oven and gently brush the remaining maple syrup/lemon mixture over the apples. Return the tart to the oven and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the apples are tender and the crust is golden around the edges. While the tart is still hot, gently brush the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup over the apples.
- Let the tart cool. You can sprinkle a little extra cinnamon over the top.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!