Autumn is the season of figs and we love any recipes with this fruit as protagonist! Why? Because it is deeeelicious and full of health benefits too! This tasty and easy fig jam recipe is made with only three ingredients: figs, sugar and lemon! It looks really great and it tastes amazing! So, here below what you’ll need:
- 1 kg Figs (washed and stems removed)
- 700 gr sugar
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- Roughly chop the figs and add to a heavy based saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cover and simmer over low heat for up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly bring to the boil and simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens. As it starts to thicken, stir more frequently to prevent the jam from sticking to the pan.
- Test for setting. You can do this by testing a small amount of jam on a cold saucer (put the saucer in the freezer for a few minutes) and if the jam wrinkles when pushed the jam has reached setting point. If not continue to heat until a set is achieved.
- Fill some sterilised jars with the fig jam. Seal and lid the jars. Let cool to room temperature and store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Want to try another recipe with figs? Click here!