Do you remember the amazing health benefits of Red Dates, also called Jujube fruits? With only 60 kcal per serving, they are low in calories, high in fibre, and also gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo, no added sugar, sulphite free! Today we recommend this delicious vegan chocolate fudge cupcakes recipe by Abakus Foods, for a special dessert to start the new season in a healthy and tasty way! Here below what you’ll need:
INGREDIENTS (8 SERVES):
- 1 ripe banana
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 100g vegan butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- Pinch of salt
- 150g cashew bites
- 100g frozen mixed berried- thawed
- 60g soaked jujube fruit (soak in boiled water for 20 minutes)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Jujube Sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- In a food processor, combine the banana, coconut sugar and vegan butter and cream these together.
- Add in all of your dry ingredients and blend until everything is well combined and forms a smooth cake batter. Divide this amongst your cupcake cases (the mixture should make around 7-8 cakes) and pop these into the oven for around 30 minutes to bake. You’ll know the cakes are done when a skewer can be pierced into the cake and comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes onto a wire wrack and allow them to cool completely.
- To prepare your frosting: add the nuts, berries, drained jujube fruits and agave to a food processor and blitz this until you’re left with a smooth, creamy frosting. This might take a while to achieve a really smooth icing.
- When your cakes have thoroughly cooled, top each of them with some of your frosting and garnish with some dried jujube sprinkles.
Want to use Jujube fruits for another recipe? Click here!