Looking for some snack inspiration? This recipe combines the delicious combination of figs, chocolate and tahini in a quick, easy and incredibly moreish snack. And don’t forget to use Rude Health Spelt Flakes for perfect result! Here below what you’ll need:
INGREDIENTS (12 squares):
- 150g Rude Health Spelt Flakes
- 45g raw cacao powder
- 140g figs, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp honey/coconut nectar
- 200g coconut butter/oil, melted
- 50g tahini
- ½ tsp orange blossom water
- Pinch sea salt
- A few squares of dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds
- Line a 20 x 20 cm brownie tin with parchment, making sure there is some overhang.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cacao, figs, honey, coconut oil, tahini, orange blossom water and sea salt. Whizz until well combined.
- Put the Spelt Flakes into a bowl and pour over the chocolate fig mixture. Stir until the Spelt Flakes are coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the brownie tin and press down with the back of a spoon or a square parchment. Sprinkle over the toppings, if using, and lightly press these into the mixture with the spoon.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Pop the tin in the fridge to set, this should take about 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Remove the crunch squares from the tin using the edges of the parchment. Slice into squares. Store in the fridge. These should keep for about a week.
Recipe by Nena Foster
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!