We love all kinds of easy and healthy recipe, that’s why we fell in love with these salted caramel oaties, a delicious version of a classic millionaire’s shortbread! Did you know that Rude Health Oatys are the ideal base for chocolate and gooey caramel? Finger licking will occur!
Ingredients (8 Oatys):
- 1 ½ tbsp Rude Health Almond or Cashew Drink
- 8 Rude Health Oatys
- 75g pitted soft dates, chopped
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 ½ tsp coconut blossom nectar
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink salt or fine sea salt
- 40g good quality dark chocolate (72% or higher), chopped or broken into pieces
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- A handful of coconut flakes, toasted
- Sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
- Line a tray with parchment and lay the Oatys on top of the parchment.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the dates, vanilla, water, salt and coconut nectar. Blend to a smooth paste. Set aside and get on with melting the chocolate.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil and melt using a bain marie or microwave until smooth and shiny.
- While the chocolate cools, spread a heaped spoonful of the date caramel on top of the Oatys.
- Dip the caramel covered side of the Oaty into the bowl of chocolate and place the dipped oat cakes back on the parchment. Once all the Oatys have been dipped, spoon the remaining chocolate over the top and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Finally, pop the tray of into the freezer for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Serve from the freezer. Store any leftovers in the fridge, these should last for 2-3 days.
Recipe by Nena Foster
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!