If you love cookies (who doesn’t?), this easy and vegan Choc Chip Cookies recipe is perfect for you! These cookies are truly delicious – crunchy round the edges and chewy in the centre! But make plenty as they’re sure to be a hit!
- 125g cold coconut oil
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 150g muscovado sugar
- 270g plain flour
- 125ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarb
- 200g vegan chocolate chips or vegan chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Tip the coconut oil and sugars into a bowl and whisk until completely combined, then whisk in the coconut milk.
- Tip the flour, baking powder, bicarb and a pinch of flaky sea salt into the mix to make a thick batter, then fold through the chocolate chips.
- Chill the batter for at least 1 hour. (You can prepare it 2 days ahead).
- Heat the oven to 180 C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper, then use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture and place them on the baking sheets about 2cm apart. Flatten ever so slightly.
- Cook on the middle shelf for 12-15 mins, turning the tray once, until the cookies have spread and are golden but still soft in the middle. Leave to cool slightly, then lift the cookies onto a cooling rack while you bake another batch. You can keep them in a biscuit jar for up to 3 days.
Want to try another vegan cookie recipe? Click here!