Oats, egg, cheese and seeds, these savoury flapjacks are snacking heaven! Made with Rude Health Sprouted Oats, they are perfect to pack in lunchboxes or to snaffle with a cuppa. Here below what you’ll need for this easy flapjacks recipe:
Ingredients (12 flapjacks):
- 150g Rude Health Organic Sprouted Oats
- 175g carrot, grated
- 175g extra mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 40g pumpkin seeds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Small bunch thyme, leaves picked
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50g coconut oil, melted (plus extra for dotting on the top)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) and grease a 20 cm brownie tin with parchment.
- Add the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down evenly with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Put a few dots of coconut oil over the top of the flapjacks and place in the oven to bake. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and the edges are crisp.
- Allow the flapjacks to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe by Nena Foster
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Click here!