Looking for a delicious spring recipe, which comes with bags of wow factor? These amazing Vegan Chocolate Tarts created by Bettina Campolucci Bordi with Ombar Chocolate are perfect for a nice spring tea break! These treats are easy to make but will impress any loved one! So, here below what you’ll need:
INGREDIENTS (4 small tartlets)
- 2 cups of hazelnuts (raw)
- 1 tbs of pistachios
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- small pinch of himalayan salt
- 5 dates
- 1 vanilla pod scraped
- 4 bars of Ombar Lemon & Green Tea chocolate
- 1 tbs of lime zest
- 1 tsp of green matcha powder (optional)
- Start off by blitzing the hazelnuts, pistachios, coconut oil, vanilla, dates and a sprinkle of salt in a blender until it’s all well combined. You want the consistency to be slightly sticky so that you can easily push the mixture into tart forms.
- Once you have the desired mix, get your tart forms out and line them with plastic film. This is just to make it easier to scoop the tartlets out once they have set.
- Proceed by dividing your mixture into 4 tarts and push down and on the sides to cover the whole tart form surface with your base. Once you have a beautiful casing let the tarts set in the fridge or freezer.
- Roughly chop half of your chocolate and put it in a bowl. Half fill a saucepan with boiling hot water, and put the bowl over it, making sure that the bowl does not touch the bottom of the saucepan. Slowly heat the water, ensuring it does not boil. Check the temperature with a thermometer. When it reaches 55C-58C, remove the chocolate from the bain-marie.
- Add the remaining finely chopped chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Once it has fully melted get your tartlets out of the fridge or freezer and fill them with the melted chocolate.
- Top off with lime zest and sprinkles of matcha powder and set aside to set or alternatively in the fridge until serving.
- Once you are ready to serve, pop the tartlets out of the casing and gently peel off the plastic film.
- Leave them out of the fridge for at least an hour before serving so that the chocolate is not cold.
Find the Ombar delicious range here!
Recipe and images by Bettina Campolucci Bordi (bettinas_kitchen)