We love stews – they’re so flavourful and filling! And whether it’s for lunch or dinner, it’s one of our favourite comfort foods! Today we recommend this vegan stew recipe made with Bonsan Kofu Ragu Chunks and full of good healthy ingredients and veggies. Here below what you’ll need:
INGREDIENTS (4 serves):
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red or yellow peppers, chopped (seeds and stem removed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g of Bonsan Kofu Ragu Chunks
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced into rounds
- 225g white mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add the chopped onions and a sprinkling of salt; sauté for 3-4 minutes until transparent, but not browned.
2. Add the peppers and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, and then add garlic, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the kofu chunks and season with salt, pepper and ½ tsp dried basil. Stir occasionally, until brown on all sides (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the browned kofu to the large pot and, without cleaning the frying pan, add the mushrooms and courgettes. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are browned and the courgettes softened. Transfer to the large pot.
5. Add remaining dried herbs, a few grinds of black pepper, and salt to taste; stir.
6. Increase heat to medium-high, add tomatoes and tomato paste, and simmer together for 10-15 minutes. Serve with a large chunk of sourdough bread.
Thanks to Bonsan for the recipe!