Who doesn’t love banana bread?! It’s tasty, incredibly moist and perfect for every moment of the day! What about a gluten-free version that maintains a perfect texture and delicious flavour?! This recipe will become a family favourite! Here below what you’ll need:
- 4 ripe bananas (3 mashed, 1 sliced to decorate the top)
- 220g Doves Farm gluten-free plain flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- 2 and a half tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C) and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash 3 bananas with a fork. Then add the sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract and beat together with an electric whisk.
- Sieve in the flour, bicarbonate soda and cinnamon and gently fold everything together until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Cut the remaining banana into strips or slices and arrange them on top of the cake mix to decorate.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 50-60 minutes until golden brown. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes in the loaf tin before taking out and standing on a wired rack to finish cooling.
- Cut into 10 slices and enjoy with a cup of tea.