Would you like to impress friends and family with a super tasty Tikka Masala? Thanks to the amazing recipe created by Oumph! this spiced and creamy dish will never be the same again!
Oumph! is food from the plant kingdom. Made from soya. Available in unseasoned editions and with seasonings.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
- 280 g Oumph! The Chunk
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cm ginger
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ red chilli pepper
- 50 g of plant-based margarine
- 400 g coconut cream
- 400 g finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato
- ½ bell pepper
- To serve: basmati rice and cardamom pods, fresh coriander
- Peel and chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Chop the chilli. Fry the chopped ingredients with the tomato purée and spices in the margarine.
- Add the coconut cream, chopped tomatoes and 4 cardamom pods, crushed. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with the juice of 1 lime and salt.
- Add Oumph! and simmer for a further 7-10 minutes. Dice the tomato and bell pepper and add them to the pan for the final 2 minutes.
- Cook the basmati rice as stated on the packaging, but add a pair of crushed cardamom pods to the cooking water.
Chopped coriander is the finishing touch in “Tikka” – Namaste!
Thanks to Oumph! for the recipe.