Is it possible to cook delicious Fish Fingers without fish? Yes, of course! This tasty vegan recipe by Clearspring shows us how. And we are sure that it will be a success with kids and big kids too!
Ingredients (10 pieces):
• 1 Jar Clearspring Organic Young Jackfruit Chunks – Drained and rinsed
• 2 Sheets Clearspring Japanese Sushi Nori – Dried Sea Vegetable (Toasted)
• 1 Jar Clearspring Bio Kitchen Organic / Demeter Chickpeas – Drained and rinse
• 1 Leek – finely sliced
• 1 tsp Clearspring Organic Sunflower Oil
• ¼ tsp Clearspring Traditional Unrefined Sea Salt – Hand Harvested & Sundried
• 50g Clearspring Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice Breadcrumbs – Wholegrain
Toast the nori is a dry frying pan on a high heat until it starts to blacken and crumple. Put the nori into the chopper attachment of a hand blender or a food processor. Grind until it is small flakes, put into a large bowl. Add the jackfruit to the blender or food processor and mix until it is flakes but not so much that it becomes mush, put this into the large bowl. Heat a little oil, fry the leeks on a low heat until soft. Add the leeks, chickpeas, salt, blend untill smooth, add to the large bowl and mix everything well. Roll out between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper, cut into 10 slices. Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate, take one slice of the mixture, squeeze between your hands (this will hold them together more when cooking), roll in the breadcrumbs. Do this with all of the mixture.
Pour a thin layer of oil into a frying pan, heat till very hot, fry the ‘fish’fingers on each side till browned and crispy. Drain on kitchen roll to get rid of any excess oil. Serve with avocado, tomato salad or an aioli dip.
Recipe by Clearspring