Organic September product feature: A natural remedy for stress-relief
As we head into September, the colder weather is on the way. It’s also back to school for many! We’re always on the go with our busy schedules, jobs, life etc… It doesn’t slow down for many, in fact it all seems to be speeding up! With everything being available instantly on your phone and so much being accessible conveniently, it may not necessarily mean our minds feel at ease. It can be tricky to detach from it all, wind down and relax.
All these things can take its toll on our immune systems because of heightened hormones, adrenaline and cortisol swimming around in our bodies.
With Pukka’s organic natural remedy, Wholistic Ashwagandha, it can help restore peace and balance for your mind.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a herb that has been used in India for hundreds of years to treat stress-related conditions, chronic fatigue, insomnia and adrenal fatigue.
Known as an ‘adaptogen’, ashwagandha helps you to adapt to stress by regulating hormones. It actually improves your ability to cope with stress.
Pukka only use organic, plant ingredients, with the highest quality, medicinal grade ashwagandha root.
Here are 5 benefits of taking ashwagandha
- Better sleep – When stressed, sleep can be affected. Our over-anxious nervous systems are running on overdrive, making it impossible to ‘switch off’. Ashwagandha nourishes and strengthens our weakened system, enabling us to relax into a good night sleep.
- Lowered anxiety – Ashwagandha acts as a depressant to the central nervous system. It tackles the problem at its root by regulating the stress hormones, cortisol and adrenaline. This study showed an improvement in chronic stress levels by taking it daily for 60 days.
- Improved skin condition – Too much stress leads to too much cortisol, which means our ability to produce collagen is reduced. We need collagen for skin strength and elasticity.
- Improved muscle strength – We all know that regular exercise helps to reduce stress, so having more energy to power you in the gym is always a good thing. This study here shows the benefits to muscle strength when taking ashwagandha.
- Improved Libido – Studies have shown to improve libido in women and testosterone and stamina in men.
So if you’re feeling you need a bit of a boost and help to feel calm, why not try it. We stock Pukka Wholistic Ashwagandha and also their Night Time tea, which contains ashwagandha and other specially formulated ayurvedic herbs. It’s also on promotion in our stores this month.